Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gotta Love Resolutions

Twenty-five pounds.

That is my major resolution for the year.  I have to lose 25 pounds.  So, even though I did not necessarily get started on New Years Day, I am starting now (I can do that).  Many people don't believe in resolutions and think they are a waste of time.  I like the idea. I like the fact that you can continue to maintain bad habits through December know that you are going to make a resolution on 1 January.   I like the thought of a clean start and the possibility of change. I have even successfully kept resolutions in the past.  Two years ago my resolution was to lose 50 pounds, and I did it.  Of course, I gained about thirty of that back, but that is beside the point.  I established a resolution, set goals, and followed the path that I had set for myself.  So, the problem was not achieving the resolution, it was letting my guard down once I achieved it.  

Now, even the year that I lost the weight I was only fifty percent since I failed dramatically at my second major resolution.  So, this year my resolutions are very similar to two years ago.  I am going to lose 25 pounds and clean the stinkin' garage.  Our garage is quite an adventure, and will take some time.  Evidently it is easier to lose 50 pounds than it is to clean a garage.  We will see this year.  The resolution will be put on hold for the first few months so I can get home and actually start it. 

So, 25 pounds, you are out of here.  I promise not to turn this into a weight loss log, but this is my way of putting myself out there and becoming accountable to the four or five people that might actually read this.  In 2010 I declared my resolutions in the Plan of the Week at the mighty Navy Recruiting District Seattle.  Letting the entire command know kept me motivated.  In fact I still get the occasional snide remark about the garage from some of my former teammates.  So, now it is out there...more to follow.   

2 comments:

  1. 25 pounds and counting....
    love mol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snide comments from former teammates? We don't have anyone fitting that description on our team, what are you talking about? Honestly, though, you did it before and you'll do it this time! Maybe not the garage...

    ReplyDelete